Welcome to Year 5 Willow Class 2017-2018
Last term was very busy for Willow Class- here are a few of our key achievements so far this year:
- Our class novel last term was “Street Child” by Berlie Doherty- a fantastic read- this book linked in beautifully to our topic on The Victorians
- We all started swimming lessons at Adwick Leisure Centre- we love Tuesdays!
- Our trip was to Thackray Medical Museum in Leeds where we found out all about how medicine has advanced since Victorian times.
- We love our learning in Maths- last term we covered a range of topics including calculations using addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, measures, shape and statistics- this term we have started work on FRACTIONS- look out for our challenges on our Maths Learning Wall
- Our topic for the Spring Term is “Walk Like An Egyptian.”
- We have created a model map of modern day Egypt and so far have looked at the links with Ancient Egypt that are still visible today- can you see any evidence on our displays?