Overall Objective: To Increase Participation In Sports and PE and Develop Healthy Life Styles by
- developing confidence in staff with the teaching of PE across the school.
- promoting the importance of a healthy lifestyle to all pupils.
- continuing to build on the legacy of the 2012 Olympics and recognise the importance of upholding the Olympic and Paralympic Values across the school.
- encouraging competitive sport across the school through House competitions
- promoting competitive sport outside of school
Main Performance Indicators (expressed in terms of impact on pupil's learning/progress where possible)
- Developed confidence amongst staff in the teaching and assessing of PE. Evidence of pupils making progress as a result.
- Teachers confidently recording the levels of attainment of all pupils in all areas of the PE Curriculum.
- Evidence of progression in all areas of PE Curriculum (dance, gymnastics, athletics, invasion games) throughout the school.
- More pupils attending a variety of sporting clubs offered before and after school, thus improving and developing their skills and knowledge
- Realisation of the importance of leading a Healthy Lifestyle through Change4life campaign and making the right choices
- The development and development of all pupils physical, social and cognitive skills through PE
- The improvement and development in pupils teamwork, leadership and communication skills through PE
- The development of a School Sports Notice Board highlighting and celebrating pupils sporting achievements both inside and outside of school.