Admission to School - In Doncaster, schools are arranged into ‘pyramids’ based upon a number of primary schools linked with a secondary school. The area which a school serves, is referred to as a ‘catchment area’. Each address in Doncaster has a catchment area school and most parents apply for their children to attend their local school.Our school admissions process is co-ordinated through the local Authority. Only they can decide who is eligible for a place in our school. Local Authority contact details are as follows:
Nursery - Children are usually admitted to a school nursery in the September following their third birthday.
You will have to apply again for a place in our reception class as attending our nursery class does not automatically guarantee your child a place.
- The application process for admissions to nursery in September 2021 is now available online (closing date 02/10/20) and can be completed on the following website:
30 Hours Funding/Tax Free Childcare - Childcare Options
We may be able to provide 30 hours childcare for your 3-4 year old if criteria is met. Or you may be able to apply for tax free childcare. For more information - please click here
2 Year Funding
Rising 3's - If certain criteria is met you may be eligible for a golden ticket. This will be sent from the Local authority and will enable your child to start with us the term before their third birthday (providing places are available).
For further information, please see the following links:
Parents will receive a letter informing them how to apply online for a reception class place. More information can be found on the following web page - http://www.doncaster.gov.uk/services/schools/primary-admissions
- The online admission process for children due to start in September 2021 is not yet live on the Doncaster Council website. This page will be updated once this information is released.
- The proposed closing date should be 15/01/21 and national offer day should be 16/04/21
After Year 6 your child will move on to Secondary school and Doncaster Council Schools Admissions will send a letter out when it is time to apply. This will give you full instructions on how to apply for a secondary place for your child. All applications have to be made online. They will also advise you of the application completion date.
Further information can be found at:– http://www.doncaster.gov.uk/services/schools/secondary-admissions
- The online admission process is now live and closes on 31/10/20
- National offers of a school place are expected to be sent from 01/03/20
Once information is received from our secondary schools, details of our Year 6 transition dates along with other relevant information will be on our website under Parent Hub/Year 6 Transition. You will be notified via our app when these are available.