Schools receive sports premium funding based on the number of pupils in years 1-6. This funding must be used to make additional and sustainable improvements to the quality of PE an the sporting opportunities we are able to offer.
We use the premium to:
- Develop and add to the PE and sport activities that we already offer
- Build capacity and capability within the school to ensure that the improvements made now will benefit pupils joining the school in future years.
There are 5 key indicators that we should aim to see improvements within:
- The engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity - The Chief Medical Officer guidelines recommend that all children and young people aged 5 to 18 engage in at least 60 minutes of physical activity a day, of which 30 minutes should be in school.
- The profile of PE and sport is raised across the school as a tool for whole-school improvement.
- Increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport.
- Broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils.
- Increased participation in competitive sport.
As part of the funding criteria we are required to publish details of how we plan to spend the monies and a review of the impact on pupil outcomes. Please find these below.
Below you will find a range of the extra curricular sporting activities that Toll Bar Primary School have been competing in.
A KS2 Boys Football Development Team represented the school at the local pyramid football tournament hosted at Sunnyfields Primary School. The event gave us the opportunity to enter a team to gain some quality match experience against some other well established schools. During the tournament, scores were not recorded as the aim of the event was to develop children's confidence and team work skills as well as providing a chance to practice for future competitions.
All of the boys did themselves proud and the quality of football on display was excellent to see and fills us with confidence heading into our next fixtures and competitions.
KS2 Boys Football Development Team
GK - William Barratt - Y6
LB - Aston Grimes - Y6
CB - Kailub Coulter - Y6
CB - Lewie Jones - Y5
RB - Lewie Jones - Y5
LM - Leighton Emerson - Y4
CM - Nathan Finney - Y4
RM - Ajay Ringland - Y5
ST - David-James Smith - Y6
Special Thanks to Mr Craswell, Mr Deere and Mr Milner who volunteered to attend the event.